Browser is unable to connect to internet

Closed
Aaron - Jan 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM
wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 - Jan 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Hello,
I live in an apartment building and I connect to the internet through a AT&T 3G connection card. I'm able to get a signal and have full bars for connection. When I open Firefox and try and load any webpage in my apartment I either get an error message saying Firefox can't find the server or the network connection timed out. However, the second I step outside my door into the hallway, which is not open to the outside it is enclosed, Firefox can load any page that I go to. Does any one have a clue why a webpage can't load inside my apartment but will load if I take the computer on the other side of the door?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 10
Jan 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM
You might need to contact AT&T because ther might be some type of interferance from apartment above below or next to you or maybe even in your apartment try shutting off any radio type devices like cordless phone cell phone anything like that. The symptoms don't seem to make sense unless ther is some type of interferance in your apartment.