Auto Update Master Sheet

Closed
IT_Person Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 6, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2011 - Oct 6, 2011 at 02:35 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 10, 2011 at 08:36 AM
Hello,

I am trying to prepare a master sheet. My problems is as below:-

There are 4 different work stream owners and all of them have access to a separate sheets for tracking their cost items on a monthly basis. Data from all these work streams should flow to a master sheet, may be exactly in same format, where all the reporting happens.

What I want to do is whenever the stream owners update their sheet, data should automatically gets refreshed in the master sheet. Also, if the stream owners add coulmns/rows, is it possible to auto update that as well in master sheet? One more thing, if the excel will be able to provide flexibility to move work stream owners sheet to different location?

Kindly note that all the sheets should be tightly controlled and will have restricted access.

Any help from your side will be highly appreciated.

PS: Kinldy let me know if you know any good read on the subject that gives good idea about adbaced excel features.

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers

Related:

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hi IT_person,

For a specific job like this your excel file is needed. Use a filesharing site for this like www.speedyshare.com.

And what do you exactly mean by moving sheet to a different location? Like different workbook or do you mean the order of sheets?

Best regards,
Trowa
IT_Person Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 6, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2011
Oct 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Thanks Trowa for your reply.

Moving a file means moving the file to a different folder. I believe I'll have to select the path everytiime the file is moved. Am I correct

https://authentification.site/files/30625867/Reporting.xlsx

This is the file that I am talking about. There will be 4 files similar to this. There may be cost items added later on. These files will be stored at different locations and will act as source data. Data from these files will flow to a master file. I repeat my problem below:

What I want to do is whenever the stream owners update their sheet, data should automatically gets refreshed in the master sheet. Also, if the stream owners add coulmns/rows, is it possible to auto update that as well in master sheet? One more thing, if the excel will be able to provide flexibility to move work stream owners sheet to different location?
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 10, 2011 at 08:36 AM
Hi IT_Person,

Forgot to mention that I work with Excel 2003. Could you upload your file again using the file extention .xls.

Best regards,
Trowa