Computer starts, no display or beep code.

Closed
Razielim423 - Oct 7, 2011 at 04:06 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 7, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Hello, my computer started acting up. I was playing oblivion and the screen went black. I held down the power button and turned it off. When I went to turn it back on the computer's power light was on but there was no display or beep. I turned it off again and there was a beep and the bios showed up but when it tried to boot windows it froze for close to ten minutes. I turned it off again and tried and nothing. I cleared the cmos and started it again and it froze on the bios. I tried one more time and then it got into windows fine and froze and the screen went black. I have tried using the integrated graphics card instead of my usual and it does the same thing. Now it won't show anything. The fans, cd tray and hdd all seem to be running and getting power. When I first built the computer I had my friend help me and ran into an issue similar to what's happening now because he didn't have the cpu seated right. I when that happened I removed the cpu fan and set the cpu in correctly and put the fan back on and it has been running for a few weeks fine until now. I did get an error where the screen turned black prior though but I always turned it back on fine. I have no idea what to do.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 7, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.

P.S. This is now closed to all writables