Acer Aspire One Keyboard notworking

Solved/Closed
CapeMaySande Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 11, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2011 - Oct 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM
 Lynda Granado - Nov 6, 2016 at 12:18 PM
Hello,

Attempting to help my daughter. She has the Acer Aspire One Model D250-1151. As as it usually happens, the warranty just expired. It was given to her in exchange by a friend who owed money and he can't find the manual. Grr! So far no issues but yesterday she went to use it, logged on and has two usernames set up. One for her and one for her husband. Windows loaded in fine but when she clicked on her username nothing happened. So she shut down and rebooted, clicked on it again and the same thing happened. Not wanted to get mad, she tried to remember if she did anything different shutting down the night before and she didn't, and her husband hadn't used it for a few days. But mistakes could be made and she might have done something from the normal routine. So she called me for help but often it's harder to explain over the phone, so I said bring it over.

I played with it for hours and finally got it to click on her username but it would not let the password area drop down. Then it would just sit there. I would power down and reboot, and a few times it wouldn't even let me click on the username. It never let me click on her husbands username. Everytime Windows loaded fine or appears to load fine.

Running on Windows XP. The last running of her Antivirus and Malware came through clean.

I also attempted taking it off the adapter and running it on battery, to see it that might be a issue and I went into safe mode, last know good configuration.

I contacted Acer and there suggestion was to do a System Restore. Sadly she mad the mistake of uploading all her pictures onto this and hadn't had time to have them printed, so they would be lost and had deleted them from her camera.

And her or option other than a system restore. I did try several combination of Fn+F (and a #) but not having a manual) wasn't sure what the correct one might have been.

I'm wondering if something is locked...any help would be more than greatly appreciated.

Related:

4 responses

Anonymous User
Oct 11, 2011 at 01:24 PM
option 1:

Remove your battery and plug in AC cord.

Boot into safemode,now try to login

Option 2:

Press ctrl+alt+del together(it will work only if its enabled already)

Do you get a logon screen,if yes enter the username and password

If that doesnt work ,use another keyboard
CapeMaySande Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 11, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 at 02:36 PM
Thanks so much for both of these suggestions.

Attempted option 1 & 2 and neither of those worked.

When I attempted Option 1 and went into Safe Mode, it just sat there with the think symbol and never went to Windows which never happened before, usually it would get right to loading Windows.

Option 2 states that ctrl+alt+del must be enabled...is there a place that I can check to see where that is or is not enabled, as that didn't work?

Otherwise, I guess she'll have to purchase a keyboard to use with it, or kiss her images goodbye.
Anonymous User
Oct 11, 2011 at 02:41 PM
Sometimes this issue is caused by windows updates.
I would recommend you to borrow a keyboard enter the windows,back up datas and do a system restore.
If you still face issues with old keyboard its better to buy new one
CapeMaySande Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday October 11, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 at 05:06 PM
Thanks for all your help. I will hooked a keyboard that a have here up to it and see what happens and back up her data. Do a system restore and hope for the best.

Right now her, like many finances are very tight, so buying a new one is out of the question, that is why I'm trying so hard to fix it for her.

Again, thank so much. I'll post and let you know what the end result is.
Anonymous User
Oct 11, 2011 at 09:45 PM
Sure let me know the end result

good luck
Lynda Granado
Nov 6, 2016 at 12:18 PM
i am typing on mine using the on screen keyboard through the ease of access center.