Windows Server 2003 bug reported in October

Closed
bookertl Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2009 - Jan 29, 2009 at 03:35 AM
 bookertl - Jan 30, 2009 at 04:18 AM
Hello,
Please help with Windows Server 2003 question
Can I find out if one of the workstations connected to the server 2003 software may have been remotely taken over. Is there a code that can be found on the server or workstation that would ar least indicate it had been remotely visited?
Related:

1 response

yashmaur Posts 14 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 5
Jan 29, 2009 at 05:26 AM
hello,

Well for your question i'm afraid i can't help you unless you have the administrator access to the server. If you are a user it is not possible lfor you to know who is or who is not accessing the server as on it, everyone will have a different IP address and you will not be traceable by this.
Hello

thank you for your reply. I did have access, the server was used to connect just 3 workstations within a big network. I was trying to see if someone with good computer knowlege could examine the server and see if it had been accessed remotely, perhaps from the "bug" reported back in October that allowed remote takeover. The take over should have left a trail should it not?

Thanks again for your reply

bookertl