Tried to install ubuntu Local Disk D:\ gone

Closed
reg482 - Oct 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Oct 22, 2011 at 06:25 PM
Hello,

i tried to install ubuntu along side windows on my in my D drive today, and something failded, so i quit and uninstalled it, later on i turned my pc on, and the ubuntu os was still a choice, but when i clicked it nothing really happend, but a bunch of script, and someone told me i could get rid of that by going into the advanced section, under start up in my computer properties. Next i edited the the startup by tatking backspacing ubuntu, but before i turned off my computer again, i noticed that my local disk D: was gone, and my computer is one of those ones that has a lot of memory on d... i have 13 gigs on C:, and 105 on D: now its gone, i checked under add or remove programs, and the stuff were still there, but they dont work now because the drive is gone, maybe it had something to do with me trying to install ubuntu onto disk D:, off of a cd, but if you can, please help me get it back.

Related:

1 response

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Oct 22, 2011 at 06:25 PM
Hi. Go to disk management and see if the drive is visible there. If it is, try formatting it through disk management. I can't remember how to get to disk management on XP, sorry.

If there was data on this drive you need, try using this recovery tool to store the data on an external drive (unless it can fit on ur C: drive)

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/MiniTool-Power-Data-Recovery-Free-Edition.shtml

Good luck.