Toshiba external hard drive not detected [Closed]

-
 Blocked Profile -
Hello,

This is Rathish from India. I bought both my laptop and my external drive in UK. I am using Windows 7 Home. I bought that hard drive after 18 months. when I plugged in my HDD it's not showing up d icon of the HDD. This one happens after connecting into my cousin's computer. Actually, Toshiba HDD's will turn into white color from Blue when it's plugged into a computer, but in my case, it still glows in Blue, so I don't know what is the exact problem of it. Can anyone help me to get rid of this one?

Thanks!

System Configuration: Windows 7 / Safari 535.1

3 replies

Registration date
Sunday October 3, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2013
Hi

Does it show up in the disk management? Right click on computer in start menu and click manage. then disk management in the left panel.

and, do you have any data on it that you need and dont have elsewhere?
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

The external HDD is not showing up in disk management.... I can watch the external hard drive oly in disk manager !!! I have a data which is very important for my life where I don't have where in my system !! I just transferred everything to my hardware beleiving my HDD but now everyhing looks blank now !!!
i am having the same problem with my external disc. The light turns blue and it is not being recognized by my laptop. Also, its not showing under disc manager.

Please suggest a solution.
Registration date
Sunday October 3, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2013
OK, see if you can view it with this tool. Select "Lost partition recovery" and put the data onto another drive.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/MiniTool-Power-Data-Recovery-Free-Edition.shtml

Good luck.
Blocked Profile
Diskgenius.net a program that can restore lost partition for free.
Or testdisk if you can use command line other than GUI.