Connecting external Monitor to HP NC 8430

Closed
lennygraauw - Oct 26, 2011 at 04:22 AM
 Lennygraauw - Oct 27, 2011 at 04:15 PM
Hello,

I have a HP NC 8430 laptop with windows 7 running on it. I'm using the HP advanced docking station (or port replicator) to connect my laptop with my 22" external monitor. As of yesterday my monitor doesn't seem to recognize the laptop for some strange reason. In earlier attemps the function key+ f4 help after several times. But now it doesn't. I think I might be doing something wrong. When I try to connect the external monitor directly to my laptop the same problem occurs.

Could someone help!

Thanks

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 27, 2011 at 03:32 PM
In the Control Panel there is probably an Intel icon when you can control the build in video card functions. I would go there to see if you have disabled the external video port.

Good Luck
Hey thanks for you reply. Unfortunately I didn't quite understand what intel icon you were refering to as in the control panel I can't seem to find any. I did find a display icon do but would know what I should do. Any directions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance