Kingstone DTI/4GB Flash Drive password prote

Closed
shah g - Nov 3, 2011 at 02:37 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 4, 2011 at 04:06 PM
Respected members
i shall be very thankful to all of you if anyone will help me
i have kingstone DTI/4GB Flash Drive its password protected and can not be formatted i want to format and use it i can not copy data into that flash drive it returns the error the Disk is write protected or disk media is write protected i used Repair_v2.9.1.1 it also dont detects the drive returns the error that USB Flash Disk Not Found! i dont know how to use PTEdit and what to do anyone Respected member can help me please to remove the password of my flash drive
that will be very nice off all thanks in advance kindly help me

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Nov 3, 2011 at 04:50 AM
Hello Shah

To remove write protection:

1. Open Start Menu
2. Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

4. Double click the key WriteProtect in the right pane and set the value to 0 In the Value Data Box and press OK button

5.Exit Registry

6. Restart your computer and re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer.
Dear respected Ambucias today i checked i could not found StorageDevicePolicies in control kindly tell me where and how can i find that i shall be very thankful to you
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Nov 4, 2011 at 04:06 PM
Run Regedit, click on edit and the search

Copy and type the entire key, launch the search.