Can I save my photos from broken laptop?

Genie - Nov 6, 2011 at 05:19 PM
 Stevie - Nov 7, 2011 at 05:53 AM
I have a gateway laptop nv52 and the screen is not turning on, all power seems fine. Either way I want to take my pictures and files away and was thinking about buying the same model. Can I just swap the hard drives? Is there any other way to get my files? Someone mentioned a hard drive enclosure, would that work better?


1 reply

Blocked Profile
Nov 7, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Definitely a hard drive enclosure will be the best you need to remove hard drive to know if its ''sata'' or ''ide'' and enclosure size is 2.5''.

Good luck

As above , drive will be 2.5 " try for an INTEGRAL enclosure ( PC WORLD or such)
this allows the use of both SATA and IDE drives on USB or E SATA cabling

Very little difference in cost but worth the little extra for the convenience