Downgrading Windows 7 to XP on Sony Vaio

Closed
octobersurprise - Nov 6, 2011 at 11:30 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio M VPCM121AX/L ten inch netbook which came with Windows 7 Starter. Wiped the hard drive with a disc scrubber. Pressed F2 and set BIOS to boot from external device. Hooked up LG portable drive and inserted Windows XP Home Edition CD (dated 2001, no Service Packs). Powered up, booted from CD, Windows Setup loaded all drivers, then I got this message:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/ F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical Information: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7AC463C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I have a 250GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive. I went to the Sony site and downloaded SATA driver for clean XP installation. I downloaded the zip file to a flash drive and unzipped the six files to the flash drive. I re-started Windows XP installation process and pressed F6 to let Windows Setup know I had 3rd party drives that needed to be installed. After inserting the flas drive, Windows Setup said it did not detect floppy containing 3rd party drivers. The zip file I downloaded wasn't for my model number. Apparently Sony did not expect that anyone would want to downgrade this netbook to XP, so they don't have a SATA driver for this particular model netbook. Any suggestions?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 7, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.