A problem with my Yahoo mail?

Closed
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Nov 17, 2011 at 09:06 AM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Nov 18, 2011 at 03:26 PM
Hello,
Hi everyone,
When I log into my Yahoo email, the following happens: first, when I enter my Yahoo email ID and password and click on the "sign in" button, instead of my Yahoo email opening, I encounter a message in which I am asked to enter a code. Then Yahoo's "configure website" page appears. This asks me to enter a new password. I ignore this and hit the "continue on to Yahoo" button, because I don't want to change my password. Finally, my Yahoo email opens.

This is apparently a problem on my computer only. How do I prevent all of these change-password screens from appearing, so that my Yahoo email opens as soon as I enter my Yahoo email ID and password?

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3069/61405719.png

I would higly appreciate your help.

Related:

7 responses

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Nov 17, 2011 at 09:43 AM
Hi, try changing it to the same one.

So, if it's "password", but that in all 3 boxes.

Hope it works, good luck.
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Nov 17, 2011 at 02:13 PM
Thanks a lot, Yes I have tried entering the same password, however that is makes no difference. As I have faced this test of message"The new password you entered is not valid. "

Do you have another idead, please?
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Nov 17, 2011 at 03:40 PM
OK. I assume it keeps asking you to change it because it believe's your account could have been breached.

If there is no tick box for "Never show this again" or something, then change it to the same thing with a full stop at the end, or a number or letter, so it's similar, then either keep that or look at your account options and change it back to what you want.

I'm on Yahoo! and I've never experienced this error.

Good luck.
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Nov 17, 2011 at 06:45 PM
Yes, I know that now a problem for me to change the password even all of it, but I very surprised why did this happen ? And if my account has been broken then why is still open as far?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Nov 17, 2011 at 07:23 PM
I cant say for sure, but there must be a reason, Yahoo! wouldn't just randomly do it. I recommend you to change it, it won't do much harm and it would be a lot safer.
Nov 18, 2011 at 02:31 PM
This what I have found out about my probem:

What to do if your account is repeatedly flagged as compromised
Text Size: click to change font size to small A click to change font size to normal A click to change font size to large A ID: SLN2157
Description

This article explains what may be causing your account to be locked as compromised.

Resolution

There are a couple of different reasons why our system may continue to flag your account as compromised:

*Our system does not allow you to use a password that is the same as or similar to a password that you have used in the past. If our security system believes that your password is insecure, you will be asked to change it.
*Another common cause for this password "trap" is IP (Internet Protocol) activity. If multiple emails are sent from your account with IP addresses that indicate access from multiple geographical locations in a short period of time, then you will be prompted to change your password as well.
*It is also possible that this password prompt is in error, and no intrusion has occurred in your account. If you have been traveling recently and have accessed the account from multiple locations, I might help us to know those details. Additionally, if you use software like "Anonymizer Universal" to protect your online identity, we recommend that you disable such software before accessing Yahoo!.
If none of these situations apply to you, and you continue to receive a message stating that you need to change your password, please contact Customer Care.

But no one of them is as my situation. so please contact Customer Care.

How can I find this"contact Customer Care"?
Nov 18, 2011 at 03:26 PM
OK.

To contact the customer care, log on to the mail, at the top, click Help. Under the help list, choose Help again. You should be taken to a new page. Once here, click "Contact Us" located on the top section. If you're having trouble locating it, here's the link.

https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/account

Then, select the big purple box in the middle to talk to a Yahoo! agent.

Hope it works. Good luck.