BSNL Modem Automatic reset

Solved/Closed
BAdri - Nov 28, 2011 at 08:55 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Hello,

I have a D Link DNA-A211-1 model wifi modem which I bought from BSNL for my BB BSNL connection some 2.5 years ago. Since I have shifted to different place I have got a airtel bb connection with the same Modem.

Past 10 days my modem is automatically getting resetted to BSNL settings and my airtel people ask me to buy to new modem.

Will it be serviced and repaired for the problem or I need to buy a new one

Pls help

Badri

2 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM
you need to configure it properly to make it work

ATM PVC configuration Setting: [For BSNL it's 0/35].

For Airtel

Set VPI as 1
Set VCI as 32

Enter you airtel PPPOE username and password

Click on NEXT-save it and reboot

That should be enough
Hi Sundar, thx for your reply
even if I change the settings as above the modem automatically resetted again & again to bsnl settings. it has been repeated more than 5 times and I keep on changing it
Anonymous User
Nov 30, 2011 at 12:46 AM
Try to reset your router and configure again

Next option is to buy modem from airtel
Yes, even if I reset the same problem occurs and planning to buy a new modem from airtel.

Is uneven electric power supply will make such problems to modem?

thx
Anonymous User
Nov 30, 2011 at 08:03 AM
Is uneven electric power supply will make such problems to modem? //

Yes it will but you said that you face this issue only when you changed to airtel right?

So that cannot be a cause

I use this same router D Link DNA-A211-1 from bsnl :D

I face frequent disconnections and we have worst bsnl officials who doesnt even care to look at the modem and the telelphone line :P
Ye thats true :)

Coming back to my issue with modem, actually I have changed to a new house hence I have changed my connection to airtel with the same bsnl modem. moreover I hvnt got the problem for the last 6 months from the date I got the airtel connection. will it work fine if I use the modem from UPS? or need to change the modem any good modems I can loom for?:):):)
Anonymous User
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Use another modem to check if power was actual reason behind that.If power is optimal then I would recommend to buy from airtel.If any issue arises they can help you
Thx for your suggestion:)