Start-up menu only showing wallpaper.

Closed
Kuled Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2011 - Dec 8, 2011 at 08:51 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Hello, just signed up to the forum, hope you can help me out here. I've got an Acer laptop that is just about 4/5 months old, Last night I had a problem with it though, No option apart from moving my mouse was available, only the wallpaper was visible (and the mouse pointer). When I turned it on, I had 2 options..(You know, that black screen you get when you turn it on)
Word by word, this is what I had
Windows failed to star. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, statup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If Power was interrupted during statup, choose Start WIndows Normally
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice
1) " Launch Startup Repair (Recommended)"
2) "Start Windows Normally"
Seconds remaining... bla bla

I've tried both options, numerous times. When I choose option one I get this

https://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/15/64/20/32/sdc10210.jpg
And when I tried option 2 It wasn't successful in starting up and I went back on the black screen again.
Please..help me. My family is on a budget so if I could repair it myself it would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Try this

Unplug your AC cord,remove your battery,press the power button for a minute.Plug in the ac cord and power on the PC.If pc boots up then shutdown it again and insert the battery

If that doesnt work,I'm sorry you may need a OS CD to repair it