Wireless internet adapter and networking

Closed
bargmannc1893 Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 19, 2011 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2011 - Dec 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Hello,

I have a hp windows vista labtop and im trying to connect to my brothers internet. I can connect to his network but not the internet. I've tryed everything from unplugging the modem to changing the IP adress and ect. Apperently i was told i can't access his internet because he has a Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter and i have a Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter. Is that true? If so how can i change or update my wifi adapter to be able to connect to his internet without having to buy cords and stuff.??

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.