WD Mybook Essential 3.0

Closed
el - Dec 19, 2011 at 04:26 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 19, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Hello,

I followed instructions for reformatting this HD to MAC by partitioning etc with the Mac Journalled info. This seemed to work fine.

I then needed to reinstall the SMART WARE download. I thought i had done this byut when i open the software up it only shows the main hard drive not the WD mybook external hard drive - have i installed the download incorrectly??

Also - just checking that i started out doing the right thing - i want to transfer music files from a pc to this hard drive so that i can play them through my mac. Is this what i shoudl be doing or do i need to format it with Fat32?

E

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.