Virus badly infected

Solved/Closed
verns87 Posts 7 Registration date Friday December 23, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2012 - Jan 2, 2012 at 04:40 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 6, 2012 at 04:35 AM
Hello,

I was working with Ambucias last week, but haven't been able to update recently. I have a virus and at first when I started windows normally, it would not bring up any icons or taskbar, and ctl+alt+del would not work either. I then did a few things suggested by Ambucias, however still the same thing happened. I then pulled up the boot options on a reboot and restored windows to the last known good configuration. Now I can get into windows and get the task manager, however it is very slow and when I try to start a new task it just freezes. I can pull up a new task manager, but same result. Any suggestions?

13 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 3, 2012 at 05:57 AM
Hello Vern

I thought that you had thrown in the towel.

System restoration was an excellent idea!

A sluggish system is much easier to fix than the problem you had before, only be able to boot in safe mode.

Did you flush the contents of the prefetch folder as I had asked you? If not, please do so. (As I recall, it contained over 50 infected files)

Do you wish to send me another ZHP Diag log to see what is in there now?