All desktop icons changed into .lnk file [Solved/Closed]

devanisapana 1 Posts Wednesday November 21, 2012Registration date November 22, 2012 Last seen - Nov 22, 2012 at 05:47 AM - Latest reply:  marky_mingz
- May 4, 2018 at 11:21 PM
Hello, My problem is not solved

My problem which I give 2 days ago was not solved software rstassosiation I have installed but it described error file was not found or matched please give me another solution

See more 

20 replies

Best answer
mfarooqkk 1 Posts Tuesday April 30, 2013Registration date April 30, 2013 Last seen - Apr 30, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Thank you
Here is the solution.
change all the icons with, open with explorer. when all icons on your desktop changed to internet explorer, then follow the below steps.

1.go to start menu.
2.run command
3.regedit in run command.
4.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\software\microsoft\windows\currentvershion\explorer\fileExts\
5.search for .lnk ext.
6.delete hole .lnk key or delete the userchioce key on that.
7 just restart.
it will definitely work.

Thank you, mfarooqkk 32

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1880 users this month

Thank you sooooooo much :)
thanksssssssssssssss alot
thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu
Zohaib R 2416 Posts Sunday September 23, 2012Registration date November 12, 2017 Last seen - Nov 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Thank you
Hi devanisapana,

Try the resolution in the below mentioned link and see if this fixes the issue:

http://ccm.net/faq/9846-windows-7-all-shorcuts-have-been-changed-to-lnk-files

Note: The fix in the above link requires Windows Registry editing. Always make a backup of the Windows Registry before you modify any settings. For steps on how to backup Windows Registry check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136393.

Do reply with results.
Thank you
For Android user , delete .ink files easily . Step 1 ) You need rooted device . Step 2) You need SD Maid pro (root) . Step 3 ) Download nd install nd open sd maid pro . Step 4 ) Open Sd maid go to Explorer . Step 5) now you will see all folders nd files in memory card just select .ink files nd delete . Thats all :)