Cant locate a downloaded software

Closed
diwe - Feb 2, 2009 at 03:50 AM
Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 - Feb 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Hello,
anytime i downnload a software on my PC i cant locate it.
Related:

4 responses

Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 2, 2009 at 04:37 AM
There can be a default download location for such things, vista for instance usually saves things in a downloads folder. Sometimes this makes it hard to find. I'd suggest downloading something, or remember the name of something you already downloaded, then search for it. When you find it check the files location and you will know. You could probably find the settings for default download locations but this method will answer the question quickly enough.
thanx for tryin to solve my problem,but im using xp not vista
Tweedledum Posts 181 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009 125
Feb 5, 2009 at 08:42 AM
Well Xp does the same thing its just in a different place by default. tell you what download Googles new browser chrome dont save it just click run. If you can get that working when you download anything in chrome a bar comes up at the bottom, from that you can open stuff and find out where it is saved. Firefox might do the same thing but i dont know
Hi,
Actually there is a default download location, and the problem from your side is where is this default set. If you are using the Mozilla firefox, you will know where is this location by clicking tools menu or CTRL+J, if the Firefox download manager appears; right click the files that you downloaded and then click "open containing folder" and it will locate your files and when you locate, this is your default download location.
thanks but im not using mozilla firefox
Feb 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Yeah but i still stand by my original post, just download something, remember its name and then do a search for it, it will solve your problem, i bet you haven't even tried it!!