USB Flash Drive 32 Gb. write protected

Closed
mahs48 Posts 5 Registration date Saturday January 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2012 - Jan 21, 2012 at 01:09 PM
 Ria dora - Jun 22, 2017 at 12:54 AM
Hello,
I have a 32GB USB Flash Drive EMTEC, with 1 Gb of data, which has worked fine for two years, but now, will not let me copy or delete or format. Always let a message saying "The device is write protected ..."
It has not tab to enable or disable protection. I tried to format it with Windows, DOS and Partition Magic but tells me "can not format because is write protected" I tried to change between FAT32, FAT16, and NTFS. The message is always the same.
Does anyone know a solution please?
Thanks in advance

4 responses

mahs48 Posts 5 Registration date Saturday January 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2012 1
Jan 27, 2012 at 07:10 AM
Hello,
I downloaded the HP Disk Format tool and tried to format the pen drive with the same message "Stop. The device media is write protected"
I had contact with people from EMTEC and said: "This problem is due to poor function of the pendrive. We have to change a new one in your store if it is within the warranty period"
Since the warranty has expired, afraid I have to shoot and buy a new one or you think of something new to try?
Thanks for your help, a greeting