Factory restore for Toshiba

Closed
Geri - Feb 7, 2012 at 04:14 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 7, 2012 at 04:07 PM
Hello, I have a Toshiba L300, everytime I switch it on it comes up with loads of writing and says no bootable device, I want to restore to factory settings but all the stuff already mentioned does not work, I have pressed everything but the same lot of writing comes up on the screen and I understand none of it.

So to switch it on I have to press F2 go into setup utility then exit and then my windows vista starts up normal!! What is wrong? Why can I not get it working properly?

Please please please help me :-((

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 7, 2012 at 05:02 AM
Hello Geri,

So that I don't repeat anything that you already tried and also not to waste your time and mine, could you please explain:

"...but all the stuff already mentioned does not work,..."

Regards
I have switched off my laptop, switched it back on and have pressed all the F buttons on separate occasions.

When I first switch on my laptop before pressing anything all the info of the laptop comes up on the black screen then after the Client mac addr, it says No boot filename received
then PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.
No bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key

But I have lost the boot disk as it never worked before when I needed it and I then had online support, it has since ran out.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 7, 2012 at 05:19 AM
Hi Geri,

Toshiba does not come with boot disks anyway, they must be created.

Have you read this famous Kioskea tip on how to reset your Toshiba to factory settings? "F" is not the way.

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Good luck
Yes I had to create the recovery disks when I fist got the laptop, but when I needed the disks for restore they did not work, at that time I was still under cover so I had assistance. I have just tried the 0 key but unfortunately it did not work, it just made a bleeping sound and went staright bacl onto the black screen with all the writing again:-( Thank you for your halp and advice :-)
Feb 7, 2012 at 04:07 PM
Hi Geri

I am afraid that you have a harddisk failure which only a qualified technician can attend to.

Terribly sorry about that.