Help! my CD-Rom was accidentally removed!

Closed
Wayla - Feb 3, 2009 at 02:51 PM
 jahjah - Jul 9, 2009 at 01:28 PM
Hello,

My Packard Bell Club windows 98 the CD-Rom is not working, everytime I try to use it there's a pop out message Q:\is not accessible This folder was moved or removed. Can anyone help????
CD-Rom made is Goldstar CRD-8322B

Thx a lot!
Related:

2 responses

Hi
, I had a similar problem you need to find the file in device manager it will be flagged with a red x, or a yellow !, or ?
depending on what os you use xp or vista.Delete the articles that are marked then turn your pc off at the main,wait for a minute,then turn your pc on.this should the trick as this tricks windows in to thinking it has crashed and so the pc will reload the file from the bios.I hope this helps.
Hi Beachboy,

Thanks for the reply. I just got a chance to try your trick but unfortunately still didn't work. I hope I did it right, I went to Device Manager and removed the items with yellow ! and turn it off at main switch and back on again, but I still couldn't locate my CD-Rom drive. Do you have any other tricks that I can try?

Thanks a lot for your reply!
He's using win 98. I have the same problem. Don't know fi that makes a difference but just about every forum for this problem i've gone has said the same thing....if you're using winxp or vista. Nothing about 98 though...