Computer wont go past mobo screen

Closed
akms31 - Feb 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM
NickNYC Posts 14 Registration date Saturday February 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2009 - Feb 16, 2009 at 09:02 PM
Hello,
i have been having this problem with my computer for sometime now..when i turn it on, i can see the motherboard screen and the del button to get in the BIOS, but it doesn't go past that screen, and when i press the del button, nothing happens. last time when this happened i opened up my case and found that my graphics card wasn't screwed in, i found an extra one, and when i re booted it, it starting fine. this time i have no idea what the problem could be and i was just recently using it as well. any ideas on how i can fix it?
Related:

2 responses

samantha65 Posts 9 Registration date Friday January 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009 4
Feb 4, 2009 at 02:05 AM
hi,
it may be that a card is wrongly plugged in the motherboard.
open the CPU and check the RAM, video and sound cards.
NickNYC Posts 14 Registration date Saturday February 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2009
Feb 16, 2009 at 09:02 PM
sounds like a mess.

If you don't know how to screw things in right get a techee to look at it for you. if you start touching things inside you could damage the components.. with ESD or short something out by touching things with a screw driver... or having things not installed correctly.

Everything should be all snug!