Black login with cursor need help :[

Closed
Sadmoto - Apr 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 9, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Hello, I recently ran my anti-virus, it asked me to restart my computer and then this happened.

Any mode I run in, Normal,Safe,Safe with networking/cmd all gives this black screen
CTRL+Alt+Del does NOT bring up the task manager (in any mode)
pressing shift very fast until the pop-up, does not work

I have tried my recovery disc gotten with the PC but when i tryed startup repair it says it cannot be automaticly fixed.

i try system recovery and i get an error halfway through giving no code, reason of error.
I get an error as well trying to reinstall my OS.

I feel like I'm running out of options, assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Specs if needed:

Quad core intel
3gb Ram
Onboard video card
Win7

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 8, 2012 at 03:12 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Place the Windows 7 disc in the drive and boot from it.

When "Press any key to boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD" appears,

press any key to start booting from installation disc.

Note: If you failed to boot from the installation disc then make sure first boot

device is set as CD\DVD Drive.

2) When the language preference appears, click on Next.

3) When "Install Now" appears --> Click on "Repair your computer" found at the

bottom.

4) Click on "Next" --> Select the option "Use recovery tools that can fix problems

starting Windows" and click on "Next" --> When "System Recovery Options"

appear --> Select the option "Command Prompt".

5) Now enter the following commands one by one.

bootrec /fixmbr ----> Press Enter.
bcdedit /export c:\bcd_backup ----> Press Enter.

C: ----> Press Enter.
Note : Now your prompt changes to C:\>

cd boot ----> Press Enter.
Note : Now your prompt changes to C:\Boot>

attrib bcd -s -h -r ----> Press Enter.

ren bcd bcd.old ----> Press Enter.

bootrec /rebuildbcd ----> Press Enter.

Follow the instructions ---> type exit and press enter --> Click on "Restart".

Good Luck.
thank you for the reply but it did not work. I went through the command prompt once with the disc given to me with the computer and another time with a copy of window 7,
with both saying it was successful, when I restart I still have the black screen with cursor where the log-in would be.

one thing that did happen was at #4 (using the win7 extra) when choosing a HD to use the repair tools on it had a pop up saying "problems have been found with windows, restart to fix". so i restarted but nothing changed.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 9, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Click on the below hyperlink "prevxfix" and download the file
prevxfix
Copy the file in your pen drive.
2) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the F8 key)
3) Select "Repair your computer" --> Follow the instructions
4) When "System Recovery Options" appear --> Select the option "Command Prompt".
5) Here I assume your Pen drive letter as G
[Note: If you don't have any idea about your pen drive letter then just make an assumption that
you have 2 drives (which will be C & D ) and DVD drive (which will be E) and then your pen drive
letter will be "F" ( The very next letter)]
Now enter the below command
G: ---> Press Enter. Now your drive letter changes to G:\>
Now enter the command
fixshell ---> Press Enter.
Follow the instructions.
Good Luck