Blocked Hotmail Account [Solved/Closed]

tom - Apr 13, 2012 at 08:20 PM - Latest reply:  UGHHH
- Oct 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Hello,

basically my hotmail account was blocked and a verification code was sent to an alternative email address which I cant remember my password or security question answer for and I have tried the customer support option but it still doesnt let me access my alternative email address. Any useful tips would be helpful, thank you

See more 

116 replies

Best answer
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Jun 18, 2012 at 04:12 PM
Thank you
@light7

Try this 1

Go to www.hotmail.com --> Click on "Can't access your account?" --> Select

"I forgot my password" --> Click on "Reset your password" --> Enter your

blocked hotmail ID --> Enter the given Captcha --> Select "Customer support" -->

Then below that you will be getting an option "Customer support", click on it -->

Enter your working E-mail ID and follow the instructions.

Note : No Need of filling "Billing Information"

Good Luck

P.S. Thanks to Jack4rall and Tom for this solution.

Thank you, Ambucias 57

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1799 users this month

Ambucias ....
Hartly thank you for your valuable solution.
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Jul 18, 2012 at 03:54 PM
@Samir

Pay to the next!
Thank u so much u helped more than hotmail!
Thanks buddy I have sent them information hopefully they will unlock my account shortly
THANKS AGAIN
i cant find a customers support link. they just direct me to a page to fill in my information to verify it's my account(the page with the billing info etc) and then they say I havent filled in sufficient info for them to verify that the account's mine! how do I proceed from here?? please help! thanks
Thank you
Same here... I tried everything... First option : get a code. Can't get one. Second option : reset your password. I did and it doesn't work. Third option : when I clicked on 'Recover my account' , the answer I got was : 'We cannot show you this page'.... And then, on top of everything, I tried to log in my account and I got this message : "you have reached the limit for number of attempts.... You can try again later'.... but I cannot try again because I have reached the limit for number of attempts. Extremely frustrating...
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 14, 2012 at 04:17 PM
Thank you
Greetings

Here is how you might solve the issue. This is the very last resort that worked for many others.

Open a brand new MSN/Hotmail account. On the main page, top right corner you will see a link "Ask a question", click on it and it will take you to a forum. Explain the situation in detail. A Hotmail moderator should give you the solution within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck and please let me know
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Thank you
Yes Tom, it would be a good idea, give as much information as you can, including that old e-mail you no longer have.

It worked for many others.

Please let me know
sorry to ask but I cant seem to find "Ask a Question" link on the main page and I have also looked at the top right corner
Thank you
omfgah I love you like seriously thank you really thank you ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <-----happy
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Jul 14, 2012 at 04:56 PM
@quana

If you love me that much, please, lets create a chain and pay to the next! Help two other persons with anything and ask them to do the same.
Thank you
thank you just to add would it be a good idea to add my hotmail accounts when explaining to avoid confusion, thank you
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 15, 2012 at 05:44 AM
Thank you
Okay Tom

Once connected, go to this page

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/help-center

Click on "additional resources" and then click on "ask a question on the Hotmail forums.

Good luck
thank you, I have got to the page, entered my question but im unable to submit for some reason as it just freezes and I have reloaded the page several times
sorry forget what I said I have now solved the problem :)
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 15, 2012 at 03:33 PM
Okay

Again good luck on recovering your account and please do let me know what the moderator replies to you.
hi, they told me use the customer support option but I had said I tried that before but it didnt wrok because I didnt fill in any deatils about me, but I am wondering I deactivated that account ages ago, so may that be the proble? thank you
Tom, get CCLeaner from filehippo.com to clean all your cookies and cache. it's free and then you will be able to finish what you started.
cuckoo_clock - Apr 26, 2012 at 02:04 PM
Thank you
Tom! Can you PLS tell us what you did?
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - May 4, 2012 at 03:47 PM
Thank you
Greetings

Here is how you might solve the issue. This is the very last resort that worked for many others.

Open a brand new MSN/Hotmail account. Once connected, go to this page

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/help-center

Click on "additional resources" and then click on "ask a question on the Hotmail forums.

Explain the situation in detail. A Hotmail moderator should give you the solution within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck and please let me know
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 18, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Thank you
All unused free accounts are normally deleted after 30 days.
ok thank you, since my bocked email account is liked to various websites which send me notifications to that email address, however I am unable to change my emai address to my new one because the hotmail account is blocked so after my blocked hotmail account is deleted does that then mean I can change my email address on those websites? thank you
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 19, 2012 at 03:50 PM
Thank you
Since your account is blocked or deleted, you will not get any notifications.

If your Hotmail account is deleted you can change anything you want anywhere because Hotmail will no longer be.
ok thank you,
is it possible for the code to be sent to a different email instead of my alternative one (which had been deactivated)?
hello, good news after a long battle I managed to sort out my hotmail account, I thank you very much all of the support you have given me 10/10 performance
Ambucias 52872 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 2, 2018 Last seen - Apr 20, 2012 at 04:56 PM
Well that's great and thank you for your feedback.

Hip hip hip! Hooray!
Hip hip hip! Hooray!
Hip hip hip! Hooray!

God save the Queen!
help me plz my account is blocked nd not it is sending an email to my old alternate email address which I dont remember plz help