Acer Aspire 5830TG-6614 Won't Boot

Closed
dorsia Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2012 - Jun 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
 Biswa - Jun 26, 2017 at 03:01 AM
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5830TG-6614. It was working perfectly until this morning when I would try to power it on and nothing would happen except the blue light on the power button would light up and that was it.

I have seen the forums about installing the bios update via a formatted fat usb stick. I would like to try this with my computer, does anyone have any knowledge about applying this fix to this particular model, Acer Aspire 5830TG-6614, or is this a straight forward generic fix that one would follow regardless of model?

If I was to try this, does anyone know what the bios file should be renamed?

Thank you

Related:

3 responses

don't play with bios, flip the computer and open the only scrw that is on the cover of the hdd and memory, the cover should slide out (not going up but yuo have to push the cover on the back side, the one it is pointing twords you when usign the computer normaly), then look on an angle youll see the writing on/ off on the motherboard near the hdd, there is the 99 % foult cause on that switch, flipit with you're finger to on and try to start the computer, if it works look on the cover you'll see that is a peace of plastic that push that switch, just chopped with a cutter and reasemble the cover with the switch manualy put on the on position (i taped with scotch that way dose not move)... good luck.
I whent crazy untill I discovered why it does not work...
Damn that worked for me... Thank you so much.
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 31
Jun 11, 2012 at 07:54 AM
It is very probable that your computer doesn't start up due to you having connected the USB pen drive. Disconnect the pen drive before turning on your PC and it will start up.

Regarding the BIOS update, I am afraid, I am not so sure.
Hi, I have the exact same problem with my acer aspire 5830TG-6626. Did you find a fix for a solution? Please let me know, any help will be much appreciated!