Pc desktop missing icons and start tab

Closed
Anonymous - Jun 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I've recently witnessed my cat knocking over my desk as I was drawing, as I went over to see what had happened, I saw that the computer had its screen pressed against a chair and the keyboard pushed against the desk...

Anyways, whenever I start the pc it starts normally but the screen is rotated 90 degrees left (Not hard to fix) and whenever I click on a user to attempt to fix Explorer.exe or anything, it shows the desktop screensaver and nothing else. Right-clicking or CTRL-Alt-Delete to open the task manager doesn't work, and running the pc in a safe boot with command prompt, the command window never appears and leaves me with the user screen (Clicking on a user logs it in and immediately returns saying "Saving your settings"

Is there anyone who would happen to know how I can fix it or if it is even just the explorer.exe or something?

The PC was a Dell Vostro 1500
Windows XP Home Edition 2000 (I believe)

Any other info needed, I'll provide

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.