Second drive not found

Closed
jonny-t - Jun 26, 2012 at 02:25 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 28, 2012 at 01:22 PM
Hello,

i put a second drive in for storage etc. it worked for a few months and was labelled j drive,when i inserted a usb memory stick that also came up as j drive, andf since then my hard drive seems to be nowhere to be found...help!!! i wouls so much appreciate so help please pretty please..

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 26, 2012 at 08:16 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

First check if you can see your second hard drive in the "Disk Management".

Click on Start --> Run --> Type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Disk Management" will be opened. If your second hard drive partition exists

then right-click on that partition --> Select the option "Change Drive Letter and

Paths" --> Click on the "Add" button and assign any drive letter to that partition

--> Click on OK.

Good Luck
hiya

i have tried that and the drive doesnt show there,however i have changed all the leads over and they all work and i can feel the drive working when it recieves power, im confused...lol
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:01 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) First make sure that your hard drive got detected in the BIOS.
2) Click on Start --> Run --> Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. "Device Manager" will be opened. Double-click on "Disk drives" or click on "+" to expand it and check if you can see you hard drive or is there any yellow mark?
Good Luck
hello
i have opened the device manager as you instructed and it is only showing my first hard drive and there are no yellow marks there, would appreciate it if you have other ideas.
thanks
Jun 28, 2012 at 01:22 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
First make sure your hard drive got detected in the BIOS. If you failed to find your second hard drive in BIOS then try changing your second hard drive data and power cable.
Good Luck