Hotmail account "blocked" after being hacked.

Solved/Closed
KIM - Jul 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 13, 2012 at 06:32 AM
Hello,

My hotmail account was hacked earlier this week and now has been blocked. I cannot get into the account through the "back-up" email address as that account no longer exists. In addition, when I try to get a single-use login code sent to my phone, a text never arrives. I really would like to regain access to the account to, at the very least get my contacts information and retrieve a few valuable emails. Please let me know if there is anyway I can regain access to the account. ~ KIM

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 13, 2012 at 06:32 AM
There are hundreds if not thousands of accounts being blocked because they were hacked and/or used for spamming.Unfortunately Hotmail is not secured and one should never save data on Hotmail servers without backing it up.

Please follow the procedure given in the following tip and recover your account:

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/1375-outlook-account-blocked-and-hacked/#topedit

Regards