Pendrive shows only shortcuts [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Last seen
September 23, 2012
-
Hello,

Files, images, folders in the pendrive are not opening. It's displaying the shortcuts. How to open those files. Can that be possible?

Thanks
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 30, 2018
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
March 19, 2019
Thank you
Hello,

If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.
  • Step 1: download the file "http://ccm.net/download/download-11613-autorun-exterminator AutorunExterminator"
    • Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your pendrive now.
    • This will remove the autorun.inf files from your pendrive and also from drives.
  • Step 2: Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK. Here I assume your pen drive letter as G:
    • Enter this command.
      attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
      . You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it. Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.
    • Now press "Enter".
    • Now check for your files in Pen Drive.
  • Step 3: After that, download http://ccm.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware Malwarebytes' AntiMalware
    • Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
    • Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.

Say "Thank you" 108

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 3468 users have said thank you to us this month

Awesome solutin... thank you so much
Thanks for this
Thank you very much
we love you. thank you
Thank You very much. its working perfectly.
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Thank you
Hi n.vamshi,

The description indicates that it is likely to be a virus or some malicious software issue.

First off let's check if the files/folders on the drive are recoverable. If the files can be recovered you can run an antivirus scan on the drive and can retrieve your files.

Follow the steps below:
  • 1. Boot the computer to Windows desktop.
  • 2. Click start.
  • 3. Click Run.
  • 4. Type cmd and click Ok.
  • 5. Once the cmd prompt with black background appears type the following and hit Enter:
    attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.* 
    (Assuming f: is the drive letter for your USB flash drive in my computer.)
  • 6. If the cmd prompt displays the list of files/folders, you can still recover them.
  • 7. Run full scan on the USB flash drive using your antivirus software.
  • 8. If you are using Windows XP 32-bit then you can get a free antivirus software from Microsoft.( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials/download
  • 9. Once the scan is complete or during the scan do select to remove the malicious content from your computer.
  • 10. Hopefully, you will be able to recover your files on the USB flash drive. This worked for me.

Do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
no working yar
thank u man u solved my problem
no work its
aquarelle
Registration date
Saturday April 7, 2007
Status
Last seen