Need of help with my sound device

Closed
nicole_xx Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Feb 9, 2009 at 05:33 PM
 MADZ - Aug 13, 2009 at 09:37 AM
Hello,

When i try playing music this comes up...' Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.'

it was working fine the other week and all of a sudden this happened i dont have a clue what to do.

if any1 knows id be sooo grateful to hear back. thanks!!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 10, 2009 at 03:18 AM
Sound device (Solved) Hello, i have a Windows XP sound device driver installed but no sound plays from my laptop at all. If i go onto windows media player a warning pops up saying: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound... en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-37517-sound-deviceForum , go to that forum please.
Hi! Did you recently uninstall BearShare or other programs like it? Try Uninstalling the Device and Re installing it again. Here's how:

Start Button

RIGHT click "My Computer"

Properties then the "Hardware" tab

Device Manager

Go down and expand [+] the Sound, video and game

If there's a yellow question mark(?) in one of the devices, RIGHT click on it and then "Uninstall" You'll get it back, don't worry.

Click Start again

Control Panel

Add Hardware. This will find the device you just uninstalled. Click on the one you JUST deleted and then Next.

It should be re-installed now.

Go back to your Control Panel and then Sound and Audio. Play around with the speaker settings and see if that helped you....

Sometimes you need to go back to the Device Management after reinstalling,
scroll back down to the Sound card you just reinstalled, right click and then "enable" it

Alternatively, you can use System Restore to restore your computer settings to a certain day, maybe the day before you installed a certain program which deleted your sound settings...?

Best of luck!