NEED HELP! Toshiba laptop HDMI to LCD HDTV PROBLEM!

Closed
goca193 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2012 - Oct 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM
goca193 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2012 - Oct 6, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Hello,

I have a toshiba laptop (ATI RADEON HD5145 graphics) and 32" LG LCD tv. Bought a HDMI cable couple of days ago, plugged it in tv, plugged it in laptop (nothing else to do) and it worked just fine for a couple of times. Yesterday tried to do the same thing and it didn't work. On the TV screen (HDMI output) just says "no signal]". Tried this:

1. Change the HDMI port on tv (there are two of them) - nothing.
2. Check the driver - it's up to date
3. Do all things i've found on forums (display settings, Fn+ F5 pressing, duplicate screen when connecting to a projector etc...) - nothing.
4. Read TV user manual - nothing
5. Connect my laptop on another tv with the same cable, work just fine, so I assume cable is ok, and hdmi port on computer is ok.

How to fix this problem, please help, I don't know what else to try.

Thanks in advance.

2 responses

hudsonkattieh Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Hello am hudson
To help you, since you have tried a lot of troubleshooting still problem cannot fix. but you connect your laptop and the LG TV cable to a different TV and every thing was fine. Now
what you need to do:
1. Install the software that come with your LG TV product in a different Loptop
2. Connect your tv and cable to the Laptop
Try this out if helpful tell me, if it does not work let me know for more assistance

Good Luck
Hudson Kattieh
goca193 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Thank you for response, problem is I don't have any software with TV only user manual. Maybe I should do firmware upgrade on my tv?