Laptop to TV via HDMI: not working? [Solved/Closed]

- - Latest reply:  Fausto - Mar 6, 2015 at 03:39 PM
Hello,

So my laptop's screen broke a month ago and I've been trying to connect it to my TV via an HDMI cable. Both devices have an HDMI port.

My computer is an HP with Windows 7 installed. I'm not sure what my TV is, other than an Emerson. I've tried Fn + F4, and it didn't work. I can't see anything on my computer screen so I'm at a bit of a loss otherwise. :[

I tried it on my boyfriend's HDTV and it worked fine, just plugged it in and it came on. And yes, I'm on the HDMI channel.

Can someone please help me?

See more 

3 replies

Best answer
Thank you
go into "control panel"
"Personalization"
on the side there is a "connect to a projector or other external display"
this will open a window with things like Display brightness
you'll want the "Display connected", hit Connect Display this should make the TV come on, or it did for me

Thank you, Stacey 8

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM has helped 2608 users this month

My issue is similar but when I put the HDMI in my screen goes black (Dispay is set too Duplicate)
for some reason the connect to another projector isn't visible. like where its normally supposed to be its not there for this laptop..... suggestions?
Yup, just installed windows update, lost all connectivity options to TV & projector. All options of fn/f5 have disappeared, the option stacey suggested does not appear. All hail microsoft for ruining sh*t.
it sais the only monitor it can find is my normal monitor but it can't find my tv. my tv however, sees that there is someting in de hdmi port but it doesn't get a signa. any ideas?
Gyzmo34
Registration date
Monday February 16, 2015
Last seen
February 16, 2015
> Zagimo -
same problem here! I managed to fix it twice but I have no idea how. I must have installed all the drivers available from intel and also some from nvidia. There must be a conflict between Intel graphics and nVidia because when I switch to UMA graphics from bios (it only uses integrated graphics) it works fine, but I don t have 3d acceleration :(
Today it happened again, probably from an update, sooo how have you managed to fix it?

PS it might save you guys some time to know that windows restore points DO NOT HELP
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Last seen
December 10, 2018
Thank you
This web article may be of some help:

http://techblissonline.com/how-to-connect-laptop-to-tv-or-computer-pc-to-tv/

Good Luck
Thank you
Enter the BIOS of the notebook with the tv and the hdmi cable connected properly. The BIOS will recognize the hdmi connected and enable the HDMI output.
Thank's Roberto!!!