PhpMyAdmin - Access denied for user-Help getting started

Closed
Pargal Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2012 - Oct 15, 2012 at 05:49 PM
Pargal Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2012 - Oct 15, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Hello,

I have read and re-read the steps listed for the above issue. I'm stuck at the first step...."open mySQL". In my start menu programs, I see Microsoft SQL Server 2005. But I set up the MySQL database using XAMPP just a few months ago. How do I get to the configuration of that so I can try to reclaim my access rights? I followed the prompt to set a password for root user, and now I can't gain access. Thank you for your help.

Related:

1 response

Pargal Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2012
Oct 15, 2012 at 06:46 PM
I have found the SQL files in the XAMPP folder. I opened the phpMyAdmin/librarires folder and don't seem to find the exact thing as shown on this site. Where I see reference to host and password, it reads "$server * @return string */ function getServerDSN($server) { if (!isset($_SESSION[$this->id]['Servers'][$server])) { return ''; } $path = 'Servers/' . $server; $dsn = $this->getValue("$path/extension") . '://'; if ($this->getValue("$path/auth_type") == 'config') { $dsn .= $this->getValue("$path/user"); if (!$this->getValue("$path/nopassword")) { $dsn .= ':***'; } $dsn .= '@'; } if ($this->getValue("$path/connect_type") == 'tcp') { $dsn .= $this->getValue("$path/host"); $port = $this->getValue("$path/port"); if ($port) { $dsn .= ':' . $port; } } else { $dsn .= $this->getValue("$path/socket"); } return $dsn; } /** * Returns server name * * @param int $id * @return string */ public function getServerName($id) { if (!isset($_SESSION[$this->id]['Servers'][$id])) { return ''; } $verbose = $this->get("Servers/$id/verbose"); if (!empty($verbose)) { return $verbose; } $host = $this->get("Servers/$id/host"); return empty($host) ? 'localhost' : $host; } /** * Removes server * * @param int $server */ public function removeServer($server) "
of course there is more, but this is the closest to what I was trying to find ( Where $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = ''; is displayed, alter the command to $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'localhost/phpmyadmin/';

Step 3: Concerning the server commands, change $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; to $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'Localhost';
Step 4: To enter your new password for the root user, find the command $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; and enter your password in the field provided

For example: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'type your password here'; ) in your example.
Am I in the right folder? Hopefully I'm getting closer. Thank you for your help.