Disk checking

Closed
sundrydoll Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 17, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 17, 2012 - Oct 17, 2012 at 03:16 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 17, 2012 at 07:31 AM
Hello,
i want to ask u that my laptop suddennly not getting started means it get on when i start but after starting windows disc checking message comes and it goes for long so i restarted and it didnt get on a black screen appears after windows loads.plz i need to do it early

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 17, 2012 at 07:31 AM
Hi sundrydoll,

As per your description, the computer starts to check the files on the Hard Disk after it shows the Windows Logo and when disk checking completes you see only a blank screen. If any software is causing this problem, you can try running the computer in the Safe Mode and then restore the computer to an earlier date when it was working fine. Follow the instructions below to boot to the safe mode and try to recover the computer to an older state:

1. Restart/Power on the computer and start tapping the F8 key.
2. On the screen you will see a few options to select from. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode and hit enter.
3. Once the drivers will load it will show you the Desktop with low resolution.
4. If you are running Windows 7, Click Start, in the search box type System Restore and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.
5. If you are using Windows XP, click Start, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance; click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

Do reply with results.