I plugged my USB drive into my computer (Windows 10 20h1 x64), and it didn't read it and told me to format it. When I tried to format it, it says "The Disk Is Write-protected". I tried removing write protection using Diskpart, I get a message saying it successfully removed the write protection, but when I try to format it, it says "The Disk Is Write-protected" again. Then I tried adding the "WriteProtect" key in the registry (Regedit), but it did nothing.
Please help me recover my USB drive
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick if there is no Write protection ON or OFF button on stick then
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.
Some computer users or administrators of the machine set security settings on the computer to prevent actions from writing data to a USB disk. You need to remove such settings by modifying settings in the registry.