There is nothing on my monitor

Closed
ashvinisonu Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday October 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013 - Oct 30, 2012 at 04:02 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 31, 2012 at 07:49 AM
Hello, when i was working on my pc suddenly monitor goes off,there is nothing on monitor,yet my cpu is on,and then i switched off my pc ,,and again when i was starting my pc there is nothing on my monitor,all the circuits are connected. there is current in all parts monitor is on.dvd drive is opening...but the keyboard lights blinks only once...please help.me
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 30, 2012 at 04:56 AM
Hi ashvinisonu,

This looks like a video problem. Follow the steps below and see if this fixes the issue:

1. As you have mentioned the monitor is getting power but there is no display. Try to reseat the monitor cables (both power and data cables).
2. If you don't get video in the above step, try this monitor with a different computer (if possible a friend's computer).
3. If the monitor can't display any video on the other computer as well the problem might be with the monitor itself. Do get in touch with the monitor's manufacturer or their website for model specific settings/troubleshooting.
4. Try a different monitor (if possible) with your computer. If the video is good on this monitor, this symptom also indicates some problem with the original monitor.
5. If the monitor works fine with other computer, check the monitor settings and the input mode (such as, VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.). If you don't get video after changing the settings, try to reseat the video card (if any) in the machine. (Note: open the chassis and work inside the machine only if you are comfortable otherwise it is advisable to seek technician's help also ensure that all the power connections and other devices are disconnected before you open the chassis).
If any of the above steps don't fix the problem, do reply with the Monitor's make (model), the system configuration (including Graphics Card and Operating System) and any hardware/software changes you made recently to the computer.

Please do write back to us.

ashvinisonu Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday October 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2012 at 05:13 AM
my monitor is working properly...
my cable connector to cpu and monitor is also working i have no video card...
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 31, 2012 at 07:49 AM
Hi ashvinisonu,

As you have mentioned monitor and monitor cable are working fine and there is no graphics card in the machine, most probably the onboard video card has gone bad. This will require you to get your motherboard replaced.

Before you proceed to motherboard replacement it is recommended that you take a technician help (or do it by yourself if and only if you are comfortable working insides of the machine) and reseat the Memory Modules (RAM), Processor and all connectors on the motherboard.

Also, it will be a good idea to check the Memory Modules in the machine by trying one Memory Module at a time in each slot to determine if there is any problem with the memory. Use can use this link for tips on seating the memory correctly: https://ccm.net/faq/5916-no-boot-after-installing-new-ram#how-to-determine-if-the-ram-is-properly-placed

In case you are willing to reseat the components in the machine you can refer to the service manual of the Computer (in case it is an assembled PC do refer to the service manual for individual components).

Please revert for clarification.