Why my mouse stops working suddenly?

Closed
shadyrules Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 20, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 20, 2012 - Nov 20, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Hello,
my wired mouse stops working suddenly when i start my pc and i have to shutdown 3 4 times to make it work.how to fix this problem? Thanks

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Hi shadyrules,

Try the below mentioned steps to try to fix the issue:

1. Reseat the USB mouse cable into the USB port and test the mouse, (look for a light on the bottom of the mouse, except for a laser mice or one that has a ball).
2. Turn off the computer.
3. Unplug any devices, including the following:

Speakers
Printers
Scanners
Other USB devices except the keyboard
Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
USB flash drive or other external storage devices

4. Make sure the opening on the bottom of the mouse is clean.
5. Turn the computer back on and retest the mouse. If the mouse does work correctly, attach one external device at a time and test the mouse to see which one may have caused the issue.
6. Make sure the surface you are using has enough of a pattern in it so that the mouse can see it, a mouse pad is best, (the mouse judges movement by reflections, a uniform surface is harder for the mouse to tell when it has moved).
7. Try the USB mouse in another USB port on the computer.
8. Try the USB mouse in another computer if available.
9. Try another USB mouse from another computer if available.
10. Refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Do reply with results.