I cannot move my mouse while typiing

Solved/Closed
-
 Girlwithacomputer -
Hello,

I just got a brand new laptop a few days ago and if I try to type or hold a key my mouse will not move. I did not have this problem with the laptop I used before does anyone know what to do.

System Configuration: Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8.0

5 replies

FOR WINDOWS 8:

1) Go to Control Panel
2) click on Hardware and Sound tab
3) Find Synaptics TouchPad (at the very bottom for me) and click on it
4) Find where it says PalmCheck-Enhanced and click on it
5) Move the mouse right and click on the Settings button beside where it says PalmCheck-Enhanced
6) At the top, drag the arrow on the bar all the way left to turn it off.

Hope it helps!
thanks alot now I can play minecraft in peace

Thank you
so I figured it out.

open
computer>os(c:)>program file>touchpad

Go to touchpad setting and for me it was unclick touchcheck. You can also open it up by rightclicking and going to personilze and mouse settings.
Good luck
i cant find anything like that... touchcheck is only for dells... I have an acer... any idea?
> Theonethatis
Got it, for acer, its the palmcheck property in synaptics driver
i have an acer aspire one and I have the same problem as everyone else but none of these answers help!!!!!!
lol I have acer too same synaptics and the cursor cant move neither
Go to Synaptics Pointing Device Program which you'll find in your tray, then go the tab named 'Device Settings,' then Click the settings box, then expand the + icon called pointing and turn palmcheck all the way down then click ok. It'll fix it.
For Inspiron users as I am, go to Start > Control Panel > Mouse > then Touchpad Settings > Touchpad Settings > Unclick TouchCheck which is defaulted as enable.

your welcome *bows*
Registration date
Saturday January 9, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 9, 2010
I have the same exact problem...whoever replies please be specific on how to fix it...
I had to install the latest synaptics drivers for the option to show http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers I was using v. 14.0.6.17 from sept. 09. The latest ones as of today were v16.2.21 from nov. 2012 :)