Everytime I type a certain letter, it enters as a number

Closed
Dem. Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2012 - Nov 25, 2012 at 08:11 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 26, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Hello,

Okay, so the other day I had cleaned my computer, I had opened it up to check my email, but every time I typed something it showed up as a sambar! For example; E= 4e R= 65r
0= 9ol
and T would just never appear. Other letters do the same, but I don't know them all. Also, when I hit enter it backspaces, and when I backspace, it either takes me to my homepage or it makes a new line. Please help me! This is getting on my nerves!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 26, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Hi Dem.,

Try the below mentioned steps and see if this fixes the issue:

1. Check for any spilled liquids on the keyboard.
2. Verify that there is nothing sitting on the keyboard.
3. Plug or reseat the keyboard connector directly into the computer.
4. Verify there are no broken/damaged pins or damage to the cable. Replace the keyboard for damaged pins/cable.
5. Boot the system to a DOS prompt (Click Start type cmd in Run) to test the keyboard.
6. If the keyboard works fine on DOS Prompt, reinstall the keyboard driver, if your keyboard came with a disc.
7. Check the Accessibility Options (Click Start type Ease of Access Center and hit Enter) in the Control Panel (options on Keyboard tab should be unchecked).
8. Swap with a known good keyboard. If the known good keyboard works, replace the Keyboard.
9. Test the keyboard functionality in Safe Mode (hit F8 when the computer starts and select Safe Mode). If the issue remains in Safe Mode, Replace the Keyboard.
10. Restore the operating system to an earlier date (Click Start type "system restore" in the search box and hit Enter).

Do reply with results.