Sound wont work to tv through hdmi anymore.??

Closed
Fat1maa Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2012 - Dec 5, 2012 at 09:31 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Hello, I have a HP Pavillion g series laptop and my hdmi used to work through picture and sound perfectly but since i tryed to hook it up for my sister in her room and i switched cables it doesnt work. at first it wasnt working for anything at all it said no signal but then it worked but no sound and when i go into control panel and sound and the playback tab it says my high definition audio is not plugged in and the like a circle with a red arrow pointing down instead of a check mark please im gettin very frusterated.. :(

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Hi Fat1maa,

The problem seems to be with the Video card Drivers or the cable itself. Try updating the video card drivers. If that doesn't fix the issue try changing the HDMI cable.

If you need help with the Video Card Drivers, please provide me the "Device Instance ID" of the Video card. To get the Device instance ID of the Video card, right click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop, select "Manage", select "Device Manager" under "Computer Management" from the left pane, then expand "Display adapters" from right pane. Right click the device listed under "Display adapters", click properties, go to the "Details" tab, and then select "Device Instance Id" from the dropdown list. Make a note of this "Device Instance ID".

Please do write back to us.