MISSING key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings..

Closed
qwerq5 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 12, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2012 - Dec 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 - Dec 19, 2012 at 08:55 AM
Hello,

The key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify IS MISSING so I cannot apply your fix. HOW can I reinstall the above key?

Thanks for your help

Querq5

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Dec 13, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Please explain: "so I cannot apply your fix"

Fix to what ? Who gave you a fix ? There are hundreds of members giving fixes on this forum.

Regards
Blocked Profile
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hi Querq5,

Before banging you head to much, try rolling back your computer to a previous state. System Restores often solve missing registry settings and key issues.

To perform a System Store in Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Log on to Windows as an administrator.
2. Click Start - Programs - Accessories - Systems Tools - then click System Restore.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click to select the Restore my computer to an earlier time option, and click Next.
4. Select a Restore Point page click the most recent system restore point in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next.
Note: select a restore point that you think may of had the missing key.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
6. Log on to the computer as an administrator, then click OK on the System Restore Restoration Complete page.

If this doesn't work try searching for registry cleaners/fixers on the web.
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 6
Dec 19, 2012 at 08:55 AM
Solution to this problem is to Restore Windows. Another solution is to use a reliable registry cleaner. Editing registry settings manually as adding or removing registry key without full knowledge is dangerous.

I would suggest to use some authorized registry cleaner like Intel Software Partner Reginout.