Windows xp desktop is not detecting flashdrive

Closed
Difficulties Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2012 - Dec 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Red hunter Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2012 - Dec 16, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Hello,

Our windows xp computer stopped working so we needed a new hard drive. Before this problem occurred the USB flashdrive was able to be detected and it was able to connect our desktop computer to the internet. We got the computer repaired and now when we put the USB flashdrive in the computer, the light doesn't even flicker green. I have checked all of the USB ports an they function perfectly fine. Other USB devices can be detected but the flashdrive can't. Nothing changes if I insert it in the computer. I have tried all USB ports but it won't do anything. I am desperate to access the Internet on my desktop so I would like to hear some solutions. The flashdrive is a TP-LINK if it changes anything. Thank you for reading this detailed description on my computer problem so I hope to hear if anyone can help!
Related:

2 responses

Red hunter Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Nice tO encounter this problem. Please right on my computer on either desktop or start button. Select manage
A dialog box opens
Move to device manager
Right click on any device you see and select scan for hardware changes
Follow the next instruction that will be given to you.
Remember to select recommended setting if you don't know what you are doing.
** please it works when inserting new hardware **
Red hunter Posts 3 Registration date Sunday December 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Please go to your friend and try on his or her computer and see if still the problem
The factors may be two
1. Format: either NTFS OR FAT 32
2. Hardware problem

If factor one then try this someone computer if that computer can recognise that flash drive
Open command prompt ( windows + R)
Enter diskpart and enter
Enter format fs: ntfs quick or format fs:fat quick