I have assembled system with asus sempron le1150 motherboard, 2gb ram, with windows xp sp2 installed. my sound drive is not working, eventhough I have installed realtek audio drive, it is not shown in the device manager, but it is shown in the control panel. I have tried ur last suggestion on device manager everything seems fine,
audio driver video driver work fine while I check on properties ...
plz tell me the exact solution for this I had formatted system almost thrice and I installed realtek driver also still it not works.
Installing a generic driver for the sound card might fix the problem. Do reply with the Device Instance ID of the Sound Card so that I can find a generic driver for the Sound Card in your computer. To get the Device Instance ID of the Sound Card:
1. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
4. Then expand the device such as "Sound, video and game controllers" or "Network Adapter" from right pane.
5. Right click the Device listed.
6. Click Properties.
7. Go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the drop down list.
8. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.