HP Pavilion black screen but buttons on keyboard are on

Closed
techno phobic Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2013 - Jan 3, 2013 at 08:44 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Hello,

I desperately need help. I turned on the laptop and the keyboard lights are on but the screen is black. The keyboard will not lt me connect to the internet or take mute for sound off. I have taken fully charged battery out and waited for a couple of minutes and then tried again, I also tried tilting screen and plugging into power but nothing works.

Please help me someone as this is the children's laptop and I don't want them using mine!
Thank you

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Hi techno phobic,

A little more clarification will help me assist you with this problem. Please check below mentioned points and reply:

1. As you mentioned the keyboard LEDs are on, are they lighting up in any particular pattern such as blinking or solid in color?
2. Do you hear any beeps during start up?
3. Try running the Built In Self Test on the Laptop Screen (if such test is available in your system model). This will help you ensure if the LCD is working fine.
4. Try connecting and External Monitor (if available) and check if you get any video.

In your reply please include the System Model Number of your HP Pavilion Laptop.
Do reply with results.