No display. Fan spinning + beeps

Closed
nowayddr5 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2013 - Jan 10, 2013 at 08:24 AM
nowayddr5 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2013 - Jan 11, 2013 at 05:56 AM
Hello, My monitor suddenly gets no display. fan spinning, 1 small beep + 3 big beeps.
replaced my avr, tested my monitor to another computer.
Tested my whole cpu to a computer shop, worked but when i go home doesnt work.
reset the ram (done).
tested another video card didnt work ( i dont know if that video card works)
Theres no weird lines or dots on the screen, its just going to powersaving mode.
I hear windows open on my speaker.
I input the monitor directly to motherboard without removing videocard on the motherboard,works.
My friend technitian told me it should not work because videocard is still attached.
Power supply fan spinning.
Also tried replacing power chord.
I have tried it all but cant fix it :((
I suspected that its the power supply or videocard. but no weird lines like other when its working.
CPU is working in the computer shop when i tested it there, also works for the monitor. but when i go home it doesnt work. i replaced the psu because it is working when iam holding the power chord. but now holding the power chord trick dont work.

My videocard is Powercolor 5750

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 10, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Hello,

The beeps you have described indicate that this issue is linked to your graphics card configurations.
Pwn.Inc Posts 17 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 at 01:07 AM
Hello,

First : Try again reinserting RAM. Pull out RAM And Clean RAM and RAM slot on mother board.

If no success Then,

Second : Disconnect your Graphic card, and plug your Monitor cable on Mother board VGA slot.

if this worked then there is a problem with your Graphic Card.

Try reinserting Graphic card.
if nothing happen by reinserting graphics card then get your cpu to computer shop.
nowayddr5 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 at 05:56 AM
The beeps im talking about is the same when my pc is still working.

tried reseting and cleaning the ram.
tried inserting the chord onto the mobo with graphics card attached to the mobo worked. My friend told me that it will only work if i remove the graphic card from the mobo.
Graphics card is not recognized when My pc works with it attached to the mobo