Can someone help me? I have a Virus.

Solved/Closed
stuckNhole Posts 4 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013 - Jan 14, 2013 at 08:53 PM
 stuckNhole - Jan 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Hello,

I have a virus that has taken over my administrator rights. I cannot access any of my programs...including my anti virus program. I've tried some of the things mentioned on this site but nothing has work so far. I am not a geek and know little about the computer. I have tried to run my cp in safe mode ( I'm in it now) and did the (%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe) fix that someone mentioned but it said "access is denied". I get that alot.

Can someone help me please. I have all my kids pictures and vids on here. I don't want to totally restore the computer. I've tried system restore in regular and safe modes. Nothing doing.

I want to chuck this thing through the window! Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 15, 2013 at 03:01 AM
Hi,

Kindly check the below mentioned thread:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-683194-help-my-work-folder-has-changed-into-file-type-shortcut#p683367

There is a very helpful reply from the Ambucias (Moderator). Also you can seek his help on this.

Please revert for clarification.
stuckNhole Posts 4 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 at 05:34 AM
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. My problems go farther then that. I did try to download ZHPDiag2 but the virus won't let me run it. This virus has TOTAL control of what I can open and do with files, like deleting or moving and what I download. In both case I can't do anything, including deleting or moving files or downloading programs. My anti virus is not working and most of my programs are not working.

I need serious help. Pleeeeeeease...sob.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 15, 2013 at 06:55 AM
Greetings to both of you,

Please let me add few lines

@stuckNhole

1) When you switch ON your laptop, keep tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows

Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the

F8 key). Select the option "Safe Mode with Networking" --> Press Enter

2) Download the applications from the below link.

Rkill

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Run the above applications as administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting the option "Run

as administrator if you are using Windows 7 OS".

Run the rkill which will terminate the malicious processes. Wait for the process to

get completed. Then, install the "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", update it and perform "Full Scan".

After the completion of "Full Scan" --> Click on "Show Results" --> Click on "Remove Selected"

--> Restart your PC.

Later run the ZHPDiag2 tool as per the instructions given there and paste the log url here to check if there are some traces left in your PC or not.

Good Luck
stuckNhole Posts 4 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Hello and thanks for responding to me.

I have tried that but this insidious virus will not allow it. It won' let me download anything, even in safe mode with networking. I've tried going in through cmd and putting a command in notpad to "neutralize" the administrator rights it has and then going in to download the anti-malware but it wouldn't let that happen. A pop up said it couldn't do it to re-check the spell of the path...etc.

I've been emailing my pictures to myself because it won't let me download them to cd/dvd's or a thumb drive. My vids are probably toast. I tried to down load them with no luck. All I can see to do it trying to clean the hole thing and reinstall. Pardon my tears, I can't help it.

Whoever came up with this virus should be congratulated for his intelligents and excellent abilities...shortly before being shot.

If you anybody has anything else to offer ...please do.

Thanks!
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 16, 2013 at 02:02 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" and download it.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Click on the below hyperlinks to find the instructions regarding how to use it
CD\DVD
USB Device
Good Luck
Jan 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it! I downloaded the Kaspersky Rescue disc but again, it won't let me open it. When I try to run it, a window tries to open for a fraction of a second. It blinks open and closes.

I can't even open the Gateway Recovery Management to start the disc restore process. When I click it nothing happens. When I left click it and hit "open" nothing happens. When I hit "open as administrator", I get a pop up that says "Windows cannot access. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network".
When I hit the "Diagnose" button I get another pop up saying: "An error occurred while troubleshopoting. I hit the details button and it says error code:0x800070005. Source: Engine. Context:Restricted.

I can't even commit computer hari kari...how screwed am I?
Jan 17, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First back your data.
1) If its a desktop PC, then connect your hard drive to another PC, perform virus scanning on your drive and backup your data.
OR
Click on the below link and follow the instructions to backup your data from your PC itself
https://ccm.net/faq/12607-data-backup-when-windows-failed-to-boot
2) Click on the below hyperlink "Stinger" and download the file
Stinger
Copy the file in your pen drive and connect to your PC.
Start your computer from "Safe mode from command prompt".
Here I assume your pendrive drive letter as G: Now enter the below commands
G: --> Press Enter. Now your command prompt changes to G:
stinger --adl --> Press Enter. A Stinger Window will appear. Perform scanning,
Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello Jack4all,

I want to thank you for your attemps to help in my virtual dark despair. But, it was just to much of a mess. I couldn't do the Gateway System Recorver in regular mode. Even though I couldn't do anything else in safe mode, I tried to get into the recovery that way for the heck of it. And it WORKED! So I just wiped it all clean and started over. Saved most of my pics through email but lost those precious vids...sniffle..."(

") Anyway, it's just a relief to have my ole' computer back in my loving arms, working away.

Thanks again. Have a wonderful life my friend.