Beeps won't boot

Solved/Closed
Chetrx Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2013 - Feb 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
 chetrx - Mar 5, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Hello,
Compact desktop won't boot,long beeps every 5 seconds
Thanks

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Hi Chetrx,

Please check the below mentioned link and you can find the relevant codes that match the pattern of beeps on your Compaq Desktop:

https://ccm.net/faq/344-how-to-recognize-computer-beeps

According to this link the pattern (Long constant beeps) indicate is a system memory problem. Try reseating the Memory Modules (RAM) in the computer and see if the issue is fixed.

Note: Reseating the Memory Modules (RAM) requires you to reseat the component by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

Do reply with results.
i was about removing the motherboard and noticed after I took it out that the memmory that I thought was seated completely was loose.I pressed them down hard and they seemed to snap in place and was able to click locks in.I put everything back together and the computer booted up and worked purfectly/