Power on problem

Closed
preetomborthakur Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2013 - Feb 12, 2013 at 08:19 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Hello,

I am getting a problem in my toshiba laptop that it didnot start up properly I have pressed the power buttom for so many times then only it gets started.(power on light is blinking even after it shut down.)

Regards
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Hi preetomborthakur,

This might happen because of POST (Power On Self Test) failure or some failure in Video chip or some other power sub-system failure. It is undetermined from the symptoms you have mentioned as to what is causing the problem. Blinking power light can be an indicator however, this can be determined only if the Exact System Model Number of your Toshiba Laptop is known. Please reply with the Exact System Model Number of your Toshiba Laptop so that I can try finding a fix for the issue. Also check if there are any other symptoms such as beep codes. Further, you can try these basic steps and check if this fixes the problem:

1. Remove AC Adapter and battery from the computer.
2. Remove any External peripherals from the machine.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
4. Re-connect the AC Adapter only and try to power on the computer.
5. Check if any difference is observed.

Please do write back to us.