HP DV9000 black but glowing screen and works on external monitor

Closed
thomuks Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 18, 2013 - Feb 18, 2013 at 05:05 AM
 Jason - Sep 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hello,

I'm having a really hard time with my old HP DV9000 since the screen just stopped showing anything. Once I turn it on the screen starts glowing, but I get absolutely no image. I tried connecting my VGA monitor and it shows everything except that there are blue vertical lines all across the screen. I already tried hundreds of posts telling to take out the battery, ram and so on. An hour ago I tried a trick with letting it heat up by putting towels and other stuff on it and it magically turned on, but the problems was that there were the blue dotted lines again and it didn't even boot up. After that even if I heat it up it doesn't start again. Any solutions of what might be happening please?
Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
The Video chip on these laptops has a problem with heat. Then the solder joints with the motherboard start to fail. I don't think there is a long term solution to your problem. Sorry
Give it to a computer shop and tell them to remove the gup chip set and use leaded solider. This issue occurs because HP used non leaded so it has a low melting point than leaded. I did the same thing and mines working fine its almost a year now. I also cut a hole in the bottom cover and added a extra PS3 fan to all the device to breath more heavily.. No problem with it now works like a charm no over heating issues